Recipe for homemade zucchini pancakes
This delicious recipe is enough for 4 people. You can use both fresh and frozen zucchini. You will need 4 medium-sized courgettes, 4 tablespoons of cornstarch, and salt, pepper, and fresh herbs of your choice.
- First, wash the vegetables thoroughly.
- Then use a mandolin and shred the zucchini with a julienne attachment.
- Place the veggies in a sieve and salt well. The salt draws the water out of the zucchini. Let everything drain for about 15 minutes.
- Before forming the fritters, squeeze any remaining liquid out of the shaved vegetables.
- Put the courgettes in a bowl with the herbs, some pepper, and cornstarch. Mix all ingredients well.
- Form patties and place in a hot pan.
- It is particularly healthy if you use coconut oil for frying instead of normal vegetable oil. The coconut flavor dissipates with high heat.
- Fry the vegetable pancakes for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Vary the fritters with carrots, celery, or white fish. You can also use oatmeal instead of starch.
- Serve with a refreshing yogurt dip.