Balsamic reduction – simple basic recipe
First, you need the perfect base for the sauce. A young balsamic vinegar is ideal for this. From this, you need 250 milliliters. You also need 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 shallot, 1 pinch of sugar, and salt and pepper to make it.
- First, peel and dice the shallot.
- Now put olive oil in a saucepan and add the diced shallots.
- If they are slightly sweaty, you can add balsamic vinegar.
- Now turn the stove to medium-high and let the mixture simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Finally, season the sauce with sugar, salt, and pepper.
Balsamic reduction with red wine
A popular alternative to the usual balsamic reduction is the version with red wine. For this, you need 500 milliliters of red wine, 300 milliliters of stock, 50 milliliters of balsamic vinegar, 70 grams of butter, 1 clove of garlic, 2 shallots, salt, and pepper, sugar, and olive oil.
- First, cut the butter into small pieces and then put them in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Now peel the shallots and garlic and cut both into small cubes.
- Then put some olive oil in a high saucepan and sauté the shallots and garlic.
- Then add the wine, balsamic vinegar, and stock. Set the heat very high so that the liquid reduces to about 100 milliliters.
- Once that’s done, pass the liquid through a sieve and then back into the pot.
- Then add a teaspoon of sugar to the sauce. The sauce should now resemble syrup.
- Finally add the cold pieces of butter and season the sauce with salt, pepper, and other spices as you like.