Spirulina algae: effects and costs
Spirulina algae can be bought in different forms. There is spirulina powder, tablets, or capsules.
- Spirulina algae contain a lot of protein: 50 to 70 percent of the algae is protein. At 6 to 13 percent, fatty acids make up the second largest proportion of ingredients. Finally, nucleic acids and minerals are included.
- Spirulina algae stimulate the immune system. In addition, spirulina algae have an anti-inflammatory effect and alleviate allergies.
- The ingredients of spirulina algae also protect against infections with bacteria or viruses.
- Algae are even said to prevent cancer. The antioxidant effect and the positive influence on the immune system are responsible for this. In addition, spirulina is said to act directly against degenerated cells.
- However, this effect has not been scientifically proven.
- However, there is definitely a positive effect on the cardiovascular system. The reason for this is the lowering of cholesterol levels and blood pressure.
- Whether you prefer to take spirulina algae as a powder or in tablet or capsule form is a question of taste.
- Prices vary depending on provider and quality. When buying, you should pay attention to the origin and processing.