- 300 g Galia or cantaloupe melon
- 300 g Butter
- 400 g Flour
- 150 g Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Organic lemons
- 3 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Egg yolk
- 100 g Powdered sugar
- Core, peel and finely dice the melon. Dust the melon cubes with 1 tbsp flour and set aside.
- For the batter, stir 250 g butter with the grated zest of a lemon and 100 g sugar on the highest setting with the hand mixer until frothy. Stir in the eggs one at a time, about 1/2 minute each time.
- Mix 3,300 g flour and baking powder and briefly stir in alternately with the squeezed juice of 1.5 lemons on a low setting. Briefly fold the melon pieces under the batter. Pour the dough into a greased and floured loaf pan.
- For the crumble, use your hands to process 50 g butter, 50 g sugar, 100 g flour and the egg yolks into crumble. Spread the crumble on the dough.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven on the middle rack at 200 degrees (or fan oven 175 degrees) for about 70 minutes. After 2/3 of the baking time, cover with aluminum foil if the crumble is already quite dark.
- Take the cake out of the oven, let it cool down in the tin for 15 minutes, then turn it out of the tin and let it cool down. For the icing, stir together powdered sugar, 1 tbsp cold water and 2 tbsp lemon juice + any remaining grated lemon zest. Sprinkle the cake with the icing.
Serving: 100gCalories: 480kcalCarbohydrates: 56.6gProtein: 4.5gFat: 26.3g