All nuts and peanuts also contain phytic acid. Nutritionist Svitlana Panchenko said that peanuts can reasonably be considered the most harmful nut due to several factors.
“Peanuts (groundnuts) can indeed be called the most harmful nut. In general, it is a mistake to consider it a nut; it belongs to the legume family and grows in the ground. One of the disadvantages is that it is one of the strongest allergens. Since it grows in the ground, it is often exposed to mold fungi, which can negatively affect human health,” explained Panchenko.
According to the expert, any nuts and peanuts also contain phytic acid, which interferes with the absorption of a number of trace elements from food, such as iron.
“Therefore, it is better to soak raw nuts for several hours before eating them and then dry them,” the nutritionist summarized.