- 3 piece Puff pastry croissant
- 2 tablespoon Mixed chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon Raisins
- 400 Milliliters Whole milk
- 300 Milliliters Whipped cream
- Pluck the croissants into pieces. Then spread the pieces in a baking dish and sprinkle with a pinch of sugar. Spread the nuts and raisins on top.
- Boil the milk with a little sugar (about 1 tablespoon) and set aside. Whip the cream with a little sugar until it is firm.
- Pour the milk over the croissants, spread the whipped cream on top and bake everything in the oven at 220 degrees until golden brown. A tip: make the baking dish too full, otherwise it will overflow during baking. This dish tastes lukewarm best.
by the way
- "Oum Ali" means "Ali's mother" and there are interesting stories about the origins of this delicious dessert. 🙂