- 500 g Peaches
- 2 Pck. Burbon vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch Cinnamon
- 60 g Preserving sugar 1: 2
- 1 Egg Whites
- 50 g Brown sugar
- 65 g Butter
- 125 g Flour
- 0,5 tsp Cinnamon
- 0,5 tbsp Cocoa
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 Egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp easy. Fresh mint, very finely chopped (approx. 25 leaves)
- 250 g Blueberries
- First cut the peaches crosswise and put them in boiling water for about 15 minutes. Then pour off the water, rinse them under ice cold water and peel off the skin. If the peaches are still very firm, then cut them into small cubes, put together with 100 ml of water, 1 sachet of vanilla sugar and cinnamon in a saucepan, cook for approx. 5 minutes until soft, then puree finely with a hand blender, in a ' Transfer the bowl and let it cool down. Overripe peaches can be left out of the boil after they have been peeled and chopped, and they can be pureed immediately with 100 ml of water, 1 sachet of vanilla sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. In both cases, then pass the puree through a fine sieve and collect the smooth liquid flowing through and keep it ready.
- As the next step, stir together the preserving sugar, 1 packet of vanilla sugar and 100 ml of water in a saucepan and then bring to the boil. Then immediately turn the heat down 2/3 and let the mixture simmer for approx. 3 - 4 minutes in a slightly syrupy manner. Let this syrup cool down to lukewarm and then stir into the peach mixture.
- Finally, do not whip the egg whites completely until they are completely stiff, fold it under the peach mixture and then immediately put everything (if available) in the ice cream maker. It took my machine 60 minutes to get the consistency I wanted. Please decide that depending on your own machine.
- If you don't have a machine, you can pour the mass into a flat bowl, put it in the freezer and scrape the solidified from the edge of the bowl approx. Every 40 - 50 minutes and mix it with the liquid one. This process has to be repeated until a creamy, airy ice cream is formed.
Chocolate mint waffles:
- Chop the mint leaves very finely. Put the sugar in a saucepan with 175 ml of water, heat it up, dissolve completely and then let it cool down. Just let the butter melt over a very mild heat. Then mix both with all the remaining ingredients to a smooth, thick, creamy dough and fold in the mint. Then let the dough rest for 30 minutes and let it swell slightly.
- For baking the waffles you need a waffle iron for flat waffles. I have one where you can cut the platter into several squares after baking. But that is not mandatory. Of course, any other waffle iron can also be used for making an ice cream cone.
- When baking, make sure that the dough is lightly pressed and that it is removed immediately when it comes off when the iron is opened. It can only stay in the iron until it is still so elastic that it can be easily cut, rolled or otherwise bent when it is hot. When cold, it becomes crispy immediately and can break.
- The amount of batter in the waffles is sufficient for more than 4 people. But this way you have a small supply for the next snack.
- Wash the berries, shake dry and refrigerate until ready to serve. At temperatures like the current one, it is advisable to also cool the serving bowls until they are used.
- Regarding the cooking and baking times, among other things, it should be said that they refer to the preparation with the ice cream machine and the precooking of the peaches. They may differ when made with soft peaches and without an ice cream machine. The resting time refers to the waffle batter.