Easily prepare mashed potatoes without milk
Traditionally, mashed potatoes are prepared with milk. The easiest alternative without milk is to simply replace the milk with water. This recipe is for about 6 people:
- Ingredients: – 1.5kg potatoes (floury) – 1.5l water (alternatively vegetable broth) – 2 teaspoons sea salt
- After pounding: – 75g margarine – 125ml water – some sea salt – some nutmeg – some pepper – fresh parsley for decoration
That’s how it works
- Boil the peeled potatoes in salted water for about 25min. They should then be soft.
- Drain the water and mash the potatoes with a masher.
- Add water, margarine, salt, pepper and nutmeg, mix and season as needed.
- At the end you can decorate the mashed potatoes with fresh parsley and enjoy.
Vegan Mashed Potatoes
If you are looking for a vegan variant, you can easily replace the milk with plant-based milk such as soy milk. This means your mashed potatoes are vegan, lactose-free and still just as tasty as the original.
- Ingredients: – 1.5 kg potatoes – 350 ml soy milk (preferably unsweetened) – 3 tsp salt – ½ tsp grated nutmeg – herbs for decoration (parsley or chives)
- Boil the peeled potatoes in salted water for about 25 minutes until soft.
- Then add soy milk, salt and nutmeg. After that, mash everything.
- When the puree is ready, you can decorate it with herbs if you like.