Pizza on the gas grill – how to prepare it
For about 5 pizzas you need the following ingredients: 700 grams of type 405 flour, 100 grams of type 505 flour, 5 grams of fresh yeast (not dry yeast), 20 grams of sea salt, 350 milliliters of lukewarm water, and 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Stir the yeast into the water and wait a few minutes. Then add the remaining ingredients and mix everything together.
- Now knead the mass with your hands. Alternatively, you can use a food processor to do this. It is important that a smooth dough is formed. You may need to add a little water for this.
- Then the dough has to rise. To do this, form it into a ball and then place it in a bowl in the fridge for about 35 to 45 hours.
- Now cut five equal pieces out of the dough and form them into balls with the help of flour, which have to be left to rise again at room temperature for about an hour.
- Then it’s time to shape the pizza. First, use a rolling pin or your hands to do this, working from the inside out. Also, remember to flour everything well so that the dough doesn’t stick anywhere.
- Once the pizza is formed, you can top it according to your taste. Tomato sauce, mozzarella or Gouda, and toppings such as ham, tuna, or salami are traditional here.
Prepare pizza using a gas grill – this is how it works
When the pizza is ready, you can start baking:
- To bake a pizza, you need very high temperatures. For this reason, it is important that you use a closed grill because an open grill does not get hot enough.
- Alternatively, if you only have an open grill, you can purchase a pizza topper for the grill. This ensures that the heat cannot escape. The pizza can bake under the cover.
- You will also need a pizza baking stone for the grill. This is placed in the middle of the grill.
- It is important that you let the grill preheat with the pizza stone. It should already be hot when you put the pizza on it. Ideally, let the grill heat up to around 280-380°C.
- As soon as the temperature is reached, you can use a pizza peel to place the pizza on the pizza stone and let it bake. After 10 to 15 minutes the pizza should be ready.