Recipe for Mediterranean vegetable casserole with eggplant
Parmigiana di Melanzane is the Italian name for this vegetable casserole. It is particularly widespread in southern Italy and brings a touch of the Mediterranean lifestyle to the kitchen with aubergines and mozzarella. Here is the recipe for four people:
- Ingredients: 500 grams of eggplant, 500 grams of chopped canned tomatoes, 1 onion, 3 cloves of garlic, 175 grams of mozzarella, 100 grams of parmesan, basil, olive oil, salt, pepper, chili powder
- Cut the aubergine into slices and fry them briefly in a little olive oil. Then set the slices aside.
- Now cut the garlic and onion into fine pieces and fry them in a little olive oil.
- Add the tomatoes. Season the mixture with salt, pepper, and chili powder and let it simmer for a good quarter of an hour.
- Add the chopped basil and puree the sauce.
- Slice the mozzarella and coarsely grate the parmesan.
- Cover the bottom of the casserole dish with eggplant slices. Then put some mozzarella on top. Cover with a little sauce and parmesan.
- Continue layering according to this system until the ingredients are used up. It also looks pretty if you place the aubergine slices in rows in the top layer.
- Bake the casserole in the oven for around 30 minutes at 180 degrees.
Hearty Brussels sprouts casserole
Do Brussels sprouts only work cooked? Are you kidding me? Are you serious when you say that? These autumn and winter vegetables are also great in casseroles and give the dish a hearty note together with spicy cheese. The recipe for four people:
- Ingredients: 750 grams of Brussels sprouts, 500 grams of spinach, 3 carrots, 3 tomatoes, 2 onions, 2 eggs, 250 grams of Emmental cheese, 200 milliliters of cream, 3 sprigs of parsley, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and a little butter
- Clean the Brussels sprouts and cut a cross in the stem. Wash the carrots and cut them into slices. Boil both in salted water for about eight minutes until al dente. Take out the vegetables and set them aside.
- Now briefly boil the spinach in the same water and drain.
- Now the tomatoes need to be peeled off. To do this, cut them crosswise and place them in hot water. Now drain the tomatoes in cold water, peel off the peel, and cut them into slices.
- Cut the onions into small cubes.
- Grease the casserole dish with some butter. Place the tomato slices on the bottom of the mold. Place the
- Brussels sprouts, diced onions, carrots, and spinach on top.
- Chop the parsley and mix well with the cream, eggs, and spices. Pour the sauce over the gratin.
- Grate the cheese and spread it evenly over the casserole. The cooking time is around 30 minutes at 180 degrees in the oven.
Colorful vegetable casserole as a delicious leftover meal
Have some carrots and peppers left? This turns into a delicious vegetable casserole in no time at all. Here is a suggestion for four people – you can vary the vegetables as you like.
- Ingredients: 2 peppers, 2 courgettes, 3 carrots, 500 grams of broccoli, 250 grams of crème fraîche, 150 milliliters of vegetable stock, 150 grams of Gouda cheese, butter for greasing
- Roughly dice the zucchini and peppers. Cut the broccoli into small florets. Grate the carrots into a grater.
- Grease the casserole dish with butter. Add zucchini, peppers, and broccoli. Scatter the grated carrots on top.
- Mix the vegetable stock with the crème fraîche and pour the sauce over the casserole.
- Put the casserole in the oven at 180 degrees. After 20 minutes, take it out and sprinkle it with grated cheese. Then bake for another 20 minutes.