How to roast chickpeas
To roast chickpeas, you will need a can of chickpeas, a tablespoon of canola oil, and a teaspoon of any seasoning. For example, you can use salt.
- It is best to drain the chickpeas in a sieve for about half an hour after rinsing them with cold water.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- When the chickpeas are drained, add the oil and a teaspoon of salt and mix well.
- Place the chickpeas on a baking sheet and place them in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Finally, you should only let the chickpeas cool down and nothing stands in the way of enjoying them!
Roasted chickpeas to your liking
If you prepare roasted chickpeas, there are several ways to give the snack some pizzazz. For example, you can try the following variations:
- If you don’t like rapeseed oil, you can replace it with another cooking oil. Olive oil, for example, is also suitable for this.
- Season the chickpeas as you like, i.e. use your favorite spices. Chickpeas go best with chili, red paprika powder, thyme, or cumin.
- Alternatively, you can easily prepare your own spice mix.