Roll out the fondant: you should pay attention to this
Before you can roll out the fondant, you should knead it well. Take your time and knead until the fondant is nice and soft. Now you can start rolling.
- Sprinkle the work surface with some icing sugar, baking starch, or coconut oil. You can also wet the rolling pin thinly with it.
- A fondant roller is particularly suitable for rolling out.
- Place the kneaded fondant on the work surface and start rolling it out in all directions. Make sure that the fondant is about the same thickness everywhere and don’t roll it too thin, otherwise it tears easily.
- Turn or lift the fondant from time to time to keep it from sticking to the countertop.
- If you notice air bubbles, you can either knead the fondant again or pierce them with a toothpick.
- If you don’t succeed in rolling out the dough, you can alternatively use rolled fondant, which saves you this task.