- 600 g Savoy cabbage leaves
- 4 Carrots
- 1 Leek
- 2 Paprika
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper from the grinder
- 0,5 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes
- 0,5 bunch Parsley
- 3 Free range eggs
- 200 g Sheep milk cheese
- 1 packet Puff pastry
- Remove the thick ribs of the savoy cabbage leaves, peel the carrots, cut out and core the peppers, cut off the green part of the leek (do not throw away for vegetable stock). Cut all the vegetables into small pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, fry the chopped vegetables, then simmer for 15 minutes. Then season with salt, pepper, chilli flakes and cumin and leave to cool.
- Wash the parsley, pluck the leaves and chop finely. Beat the eggs with a fork (save one egg yolk), mix with the crumbled sheep's cheese and fold in with the parsley in the cooled vegetables.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Cover the baking tray with baking paper. Whisk the egg yolk with 1 teaspoon milk.
- Roll out the puff pastry on the baking tray, distribute the vegetable filling in the middle. Fold the two long sides over each other and press the sides shut, then brush with whisked egg yolk. Bake for about 40 minutes at 180 degrees (convection-175 degrees, about 35 minutes) until golden brown.
- Take the strudel out of the oven, cut it into oblique slices, arrange it on the plate and serve with a green salad.
- Matching side dishes are also cucumber, tomato salad, mixed salad, a popular dip.
- A cheese or white wine sauce tastes great with it. The savoy cabbage strudel can also be enjoyed cold. Bon Appetit !
Serving: 100gCalories: 140kcalCarbohydrates: 3.4gProtein: 5.8gFat: 11.5g