- 500 g Frozen leaf spinach (you can of course also use fresh spinach)
- 1 St. Thicker tomato
- 1 St. Onion
- 1 St. Garlic clove
- Sea salt, Tellicherry pepper
- Some olive oil
- Defrost the spinach and squeeze it out well. Cut the tomato crosswise at the top and bottom, dip briefly in boiling water and peel off the skin. Then cut into cubes. The inner workings can also be used. Quarter the onion and cut into strips. Finely chop the garlic.
And you're ready to go:
- Heat a pan with the olive oil and allow the onions to become translucent. Add garlic and fry briefly. Add the diced tomatoes and let them soften for a few minutes. Finally, pull the spinach apart and add to the mixture in the pan. Mix everything well and just let it get really hot. Season savory with salt and pepper. Note: The Italians would add a splash of fresh lemon juice. We like it better without. But that's a matter of taste.
- We ate fried fish and fried potatoes with it. We liked it very much.