If you store fennel properly, the vegetables stay fresh longer. In this article, we will show you what options you have here.
Store fennel in the refrigerator or in the cellar
With the right storage, the vegetables will stay fresh for several weeks.
- You can achieve a shelf life of one to two weeks by storing fresh fennel in the vegetable drawer of your refrigerator.
- So that the tuber does not dry out, moisten it a little and wrap it in kitchen paper.
- Alternatively, wrap the fennel in cling film without first moistening the vegetables.
- With both variants, make sure that the fennel is stored as freely as possible in the vegetable drawer. Vegetables are prone to bruises.
- If you want to keep the fennel fresh for several weeks, a cool and dry cellar is the right place to store it.
- Again, you need to protect the tuber from drying out. This is easy to do by sticking the fennel in a box with moistened sand.
- You can achieve a long shelf life by freezing fennel.