- 2 Eggs
- 60 g Flour
- 40 g Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 50 g Freshly ground pistachios
- 250 ml Milk
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 packet Vanilla sugar
- 10 g Flour
- 10 g Cornstarch
- 40 g Sugar
- 1 shot of amaretto
- 400 g Rhubarb
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 250 g Fresh strawberries
- Sugar to taste
- 1 tsp Agar-agar
- + more strawberries about 250 g
- A couple of roughly chopped pistAchios
- 4 food rings - approx. 8 cm in diameter
- Preheat the oven to 180 °.
- Sponge cake: Peel the pistachios and grind them finely. Separate the eggs and beat the egg whites until stiff, slowly pouring in the sugar. Stir the egg yolks into the firm egg whites. Mix the flour with the baking powder and stir in as well. Finally mix in the pistachios. Put the dough in a greased form (springform pan 26 cm) and bake at 180 ° for about 20 minutes. Remove from the tin immediately after baking and let cool down on a wire rack.
- The cream: heat the milk and stir in the flour and starch without lumps, add the sugar and vanilla sugar, bring to the boil and stir constantly, when the mixture has thickened like a pudding, remove it from the stove and mix in the egg yolk (it only serves the color, you can so leave it out). If you like, stir in a dash of amaretto, cover the cream and let cool.
- Rhubarb compote: Peel the rhubarb if necessary and cut into smaller pieces. Mix with the sugar and cook into a compote that is not too soft. Let the compote cool.
- Wash, clean and de-peel the strawberries. Halve part of the berries.
- Cut out 8 circles from the sponge cake base with the food rings, placing one of them as a base in the rings. Place the halved strawberries on the edge with the cut surface facing outwards. Pour in a spoonful of rhubarb compote. Put one or two spoons of the cream on top and dip one or two strawberries in it. Press a second circle of dough on top.
- Strawberry mirror: Cut the remaining strawberries into small pieces and sweeten them well with sugar, possibly add a splash of lemon to balance the aromas. Briefly bring the berries to the boil and puree with the hand blender. Stir in agar-agar and bring to the boil again. Distribute the strawberry puree hot on the tart (you may have to pull the rings up a little now so that there is at least 4mm space for the strawberry mirror). Sprinkle some chopped pistachios on top. and put the tartlets in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Before serving, remove the tartlets from the rings.
Serving: 100gCalories: 111kcalCarbohydrates: 23.4gProtein: 2.1gFat: 0.6g