A contrast shower strengthens the immune system and is a great way to cheer up.
Contrast shower – a hardening method, which alternates between hot (40-45 degrees) and cold (15-20 degrees) water. This procedure is attributed to miraculous properties and noticeable harm to health. If you follow the rules, the contrast shower will definitely bring benefits.
Contrast shower: benefits and contraindications
Contrast shower perfectly hardens our body, so we will not be afraid of colds and drafts. Hardening – this is what is missing from the modern “apartment” person. There are other useful properties of the procedure:
- improves blood circulation and strengthens blood vessels;
- renews the upper layer of the skin;
- increases stress resistance;
- increases the production of endorphin and noradrenaline, makes us happier;
- Helps to cheer us up.
The procedure can harm people with high fever and acute respiratory infections, cardiovascular diseases, cystitis, and kidney disease. You should not be keen on contrast showers for women during menstruation and pregnancy.
Who should take a contrast shower?
Contrast showering is recommended for people who have a hard time waking up in the morning because this procedure is excellent and invigorating. You can take a shower in the evening if you need a little restorative sleep. To make the health benefits permanent, it is recommended to take contrast showers regularly. Start with a short five-minute shower a couple of times a week and gradually increase the frequency of washing.
How to Take a Contrast Shower Properly
- Start with hot water and end with cold water. In the beginning, you should only shower your feet. Alternate between hot and cold water. Hot water dilates blood vessels, and cold water narrows them. Stay under the hot water for 1.5 minutes, and under the cold water for 40 seconds.
- Point your arms, abdomen, back, and shoulders alternately under the stream.
- Do not wash your head with cold water. This may raise your blood pressure.
- Take a contrast shower for 5-7 minutes. After showering, rub your body well with a terry towel.