It has long been known that jam is a classic dessert. Jam is most popular among Eastern Slavs. Jam is also found in the menus of the peoples of the Transcaucasus and the Middle East.
To make jam, you need to boil fruit or berries with a certain amount of sugar. The main feature of jam is that its ingredients retain their shape during cooking.
What are the benefits of jam?
It should be noted that cherry jam has undeniable benefits. It contains a significant amount of iron and coumarin. These components help the body to reduce blood clotting and are also natural antioxidants, anthocyanins, and vitamins. If you like apple jam, it is important to remember that it contains vitamins C and P. This combination has a beneficial effect on improving metabolism and the circulatory system.
What kind of jam is good for colds?
Everyone knows the “grandmother’s recipe” – children are stuffed with raspberry jam for colds and flu. And it makes sense. After all, raspberry jam is a diaphoretic. It is also able to literally bring down the temperature and charge the patient’s immune system to fight the infection.
What vitamins are in the jam?
Even with long cooking in berries and fruits, B vitamins remain stable, and they also retain their properties in an acidic environment. Despite the heat treatment process, vitamin E also remains in the jam. Therefore, in addition to the taste, jam also has beneficial properties that enrich the human body.
Which jam is the healthiest
Sea buckthorn jam:
- sea buckthorn contains a large amount of vitamin C;
- in winter, this vitamin is necessary for the body to strengthen the immune system;
- sea buckthorn saturates the body with phytoncides, an effective antimicrobial substance.
- helps to strengthen the immune system very well;
- is indispensable for overcoming nervous tension and stress;
- helps to lower blood pressure;
- helps boost immunity and has a beneficial effect on the nervous system.
- sour berry is an excellent means of lowering blood pressure;
- has a beneficial effect on the elimination of bad cholesterol;
- cranberry jam is especially useful for people diagnosed with cardiovascular diseases;
- it is a prophylactic against stomach ulcers.
- plum has always been famous for its high vitamin P content (it can only be obtained from the outside);
- are an effective means of strengthening the walls of blood vessels;
- has a positive effect as a preventive measure against blood clots.