Why Apples Are Good For You?

Those who eat an apple a day never need to see a doctor, says popular wisdom.

Red, yellow, and green, early Golden Infusion or late-ripening Ranet. Apples are one of the most popular and affordable fruits for us. They can be eaten raw, baked, added to salads, and baked goods. They are a light and healthy breakfast and a great snack in the office or at school, as well as a great lunch for people who care about their figure.

Read on to find out about the beneficial properties of apples, how to consume them with maximum benefit for our body, and who should limit their consumption.

Healthy properties of apples

An apple contains up to 80% water, the remaining 20% of nutrients: fiber, organic acids, potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, iodine, as well as vitamins A, B1, B3, PP, C, etc.

Apples are almost on the menu of all people who lead a healthy lifestyle. It not only copes well with its “dietary” duties, but also helps prevent many diseases. For example, it prevents the formation of uric acid and accelerates the decomposition of formic acid, which makes it an aid in the treatment of atherosclerosis, rheumatism, and gout.

One medium fruit contains 4 grams of fiber, half of which is pectin, a very important substance for the health of the cardiovascular system. Organic acids are actively involved in the normalization of metabolism. Pectin prevents sudden spikes in blood sugar levels.

Apples also have a beneficial effect on hematopoiesis, the lymphatic system and the “purity” of blood vessels.

Everyone knows how effectively a “morning” apple cleanses tooth enamel. This prevents periodontal disease and the development of caries.

The benefits of apples for the normal functioning of the stomach are even more significant. After all, fiber, which is rich in apple fruits, helps to improve the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract and also contributes to the natural cleansing of the body from accumulated toxins. Organic acids are actively involved in the normalization of metabolism. The fruits also have diuretic and choleretic effects, and are used as a mild, harmless laxative. In the case of chronic cholecystitis, doctors definitely recommend including apples in the diet. Apples are also able to bind free radicals, the accumulation of which leads to the development of oncology.

It should be remembered that everything is good in moderation.

Do not eat more than 6 apples a day, as this can lead to indigestion.

It is better to give up apples for those who suffer from gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, and also limit the consumption of apples for patients with gastritis with high acidity.

The best way to eat apples

Apples are most beneficial when eaten raw. And they should be eaten with the peel on: it contains half of the apple’s fiber and many polyphenols.

Apples are a low-calorie product: 100 g of fresh apples contain only 47 kcal. The product is practically devoid of fat, but contains carbohydrates, which allows a person to maintain a feeling of satiety for a long time after eating an apple. It is great for those who want to lose weight and those who are on a diet.

100 g of baked apples contain almost 66 kcal and will not harm your figure either. But 100 g of dried apples contain 253 kcal, so you shouldn’t get carried away with them if you want to keep your weight down.

Scientists believe that apple seeds contain biologically active substances, vitamins and enzymes that prevent cancer. It is also believed that 5 to 6 apple seeds fully cover the daily requirement for iodine. There are no opponents of this theory yet, but doctors warn about the dangers that may be hidden in these seeds.

Apple seeds also contain an extremely dangerous substance – the glycoside amygdalin! In the stomach, it breaks down with the release of hydrocyanic acid. It is especially dangerous for children. The effect of the poison can be weakened by roasting and adding sugar. It is believed that the danger of the seeds is greatly exaggerated, because the total concentration of toxic substances is very low. But in any case, eating fruit seeds should not be abused. No more than 5-6 apple seeds per day are considered safe.

Eat apples and be healthy!

Avatar photo

Written by John Myers

Professional Chef with 25 years of industry experience at the highest levels. Restaurant owner. Beverage Director with experience creating world-class nationally recognized cocktail programs. Food writer with a distinctive Chef-driven voice and point of view.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The Benefits And Harms of Coffee

How to Stay Fit And Healthy