- quarter the peeled apples - cut out the core - cut into wedges and drizzle with citric acid
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C
- in a bowl, mix the flour, starch flour, ground almonds, a pinch of salt and baking powder
- stir the butter with the sugar in a second bowl until foamy - gradually fold in the eggs - stir in the egg liqueur - stir the flour mixture into the butter-egg mixture - it should be a smooth, viscous dough
- Spread 2/3 of the dough on the baking sheet lined with baking paper - spread the apple wedges on top and then spread the remaining dough on the apples - sprinkle with flaked almonds - put the cake in the oven and bake for about 40 minutes
- immediately after baking, brush the cake with the liquid butter and sprinkle with the sugar-cinnamon mixture -
Professional Chef with 25 years of industry experience at the highest levels. Restaurant owner. Beverage Director with experience creating world-class nationally recognized cocktail programs. Food writer with a distinctive Chef-driven voice and point of view.