Even if baking molds for cakes or other pastries are often used to bake bread, you should pay attention to certain things when choosing the bread baking mold. In addition, we present a delicious bread recipe in this article.
What should a baking pan for baking bread be like?
Some factors, such as baking temperature, place higher demands on a pan used for baking bread than on a pan used only for baking cakes.
- When buying a baking tin in which you want to bake bread, you should pay particular attention to the heat resistance of the tin. In the first phase of baking, many pieces of bread are baked at temperatures around 250 degrees, which is significantly higher than the temperatures for baking cakes.
- Even with popular silicone molds, you should consider heat resistance. In principle, the molds can withstand a lot of heat, but here too you should take a look at the manufacturer’s information.
- You should also pay attention to the sourdough resistance of the form. This is specified by most manufacturers and can generally be assumed for modern molds, it is also given for silicone molds.
- However, it can happen that sourdough attacks the non-stick coating of metal baking tins.
- For some types of bread, such as baguettes, there are special trays with grooves or bulges into which the dough can be placed for baking.
Recipe: Spelled bread from the loaf pan
For a delicious spelled bread from the loaf tin, you need 300 grams of spelled flour, a pack of dry yeast, five grams of salt, water, a pinch of sugar, two tablespoons of olive oil, some flour for the tin, and sunflower or pumpkin seeds as required.
- First spread the loaf pan with a little butter and dust it with flour.
- The dry yeast is now mixed with a pinch of sugar and dissolved in a little lukewarm water. The yeast mixture is then mixed with flour, salt, oil, and sugar with a dough hook. Add enough water to the butter mixture to create a thick consistency.
- Now put the finished dough into the loaf pan and let it rise for thirty minutes. After that, the dough should fill the entire shape. If you like, you can sprinkle the loaf pan with sunflower or pumpkin seeds and add a few seeds to the dough.
- In the meantime, you can preheat the oven to 180 degrees and then bake the bread in it for thirty minutes.
After baking, the bread should cool down briefly before being knocked out of the mold.