- 5 kg Fish carcasses from aromatic sea fish (wolffish, monkfish, etc.)
- 1 kg Fully ripe tomatoes
- 1 packet Frozen prawns with shell
- 2 Pc. Fennel bulbs with green
- 3,5 l Water
- 3 Pc. Onions
- 3 g Saffron threads
- Olive oil
- 150 ml White wine
- 50 ml Pastis
- 1 kg Fish fillets from sea fish (wolffish, monkfish, sea bream)
- 250 g Freshly peeled potatoes
- 1 Pc. Clove of garlic
- 3 Pc. Boiled egg yolks
- 250 ml Olive oil
- 500 g Organic spelt flour
- 500 g Organic wheat flour
- 150 g Sourdough
- 20 g Dry yeast
- 2 ml Water
- 25 g Salt
- Prepare the fish stock the day before or a few days beforehand: cut the vegetables into small pieces and sauté them with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan for about 15 minutes. Chop approx. 2 kg of the fish carcasses and sweat with the vegetables for another 15 minutes, then deglaze with cold water, add the saffron and simmer gently for approx. 1 hour. Roughly pass everything through the Lotte liquor into a second pot and then pass back through a fine hair sieve into the first pot (it takes about 3 hours to get here!).
- Repeat the first two work steps: sweat the vegetables and another 2 kg of the carcasses, but now deglaze with the fish stock that has already been prepared and simmer again for an hour. Again first with the Flotten Lotte, then pass through a fine hair sieve. Then either chill (for one day) or freeze (for several days).
- On the host's day: Sweat some vegetables and approx. 1 kg fish carcasses as well as shrimp with shells again and deglaze with the fish stock. Do not simmer for too long (approx. 45 minutes) so that a fresh taste is retained. Pass again and keep warm. Bring to a simmer before serving and cook the fish fillets, chopped into bite-sized pieces, for about 10 minutes.
- Boil potatoes and let them dry out very well, boil eggs. Rub bowl with garlic. Press the potatoes through a fine sieve, then press the egg yolks through the sieve, mix everything well and then work in the olive oil little by little. Stir until the mixture is nice and soft, then season with saffron, pepper and salt. Just before serving, puree with the magic wand and, if necessary, add olive oil until it is nice and creamy.
- 2-3 days before dinner, prepare both doughs: Mix each flour with 1 point each of sourdough, dry yeast, salt and water and knead into a smooth yeast dough. Put each dough in a suitable bowl (the dough will at least double its volume!) And place in the refrigerator covered with foil.
- On the dinner day: Preheat the oven to 230 ° C top and bottom heat, place 1 vessel with hot water in the oven. Shape the dough into baguettes (enough for 4 baguettes), brush with water, dust with flour and place in the oven. Bake for about 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 200 ° C and bake for another 30 minutes until it has reached the desired degree of browning.