Coffee with lemon has a similar effect on headaches as painkillers. However, if you suffer from severe headaches or have a sensitive stomach, it is better to use other headache remedies.
This is how coffee with lemon works for a headache
If you often suffer from headaches and need to take painkillers, coffee with lemon could be a healthy alternative for you.
- Pain is transmitted by enzymes called prostaglandins. These stimuli only cause headaches in the first place.
- Because the caffeine in coffee prevents the release of prostaglandins, just drinking a cup of coffee will relieve headaches.
- On the one hand, lemon supports the effect of caffeine and, on the other hand, the body’s own pain relief.
- Painkillers also often contain caffeine and acid. In most cases, however, the much stronger acetylsalicylic acid.
Coffee and lemon only work for mild headaches
In contrast to painkillers such as aspirin or paracetamol, only acid, and caffeine work with coffee and lemon. These only have a positive effect on mild headaches.
- However, before you resort to medication, a lemon coffee is sometimes worthwhile. If that doesn’t have any effect on your headache, you can always resort to the usual medicine afterward.
- Lemon coffee is very easy to make. Prepare your coffee as usual. Then squeeze a fresh lemon into the coffee.
- Whether you add lemon juice to a black or milk coffee is a matter of taste. Just be aware that latte contains less caffeine because it’s diluted with milk.
- Avoid strong black coffee and lemon juice if you have a sensitive stomach.
- In this case, it is better to try other home remedies such as water or moist compresses.