If you want to cook asparagus, it’s quick and easy, but also on a slightly higher culinary level. We will show you both variants.
Short instructions: cook asparagus quickly and easily
- Take an asparagus peeler and peel the asparagus generously. You should also not cut off the woody ends too tightly.
- The pot should be as large as possible so that the asparagus fits across it. Use just enough water to just cover the asparagus.
- Add a pinch of salt and let the water boil. Only when the water is boiling do the asparagus go in.
- Depending on the thickness of the asparagus, it now needs around 10 to 15 minutes. Leave the lid slightly open on the pot.
Cooking asparagus for professionals – that’s how it works
- Instead of throwing leftover peeled asparagus in the trash, you can turn it into a perfect brew. To do this, boil the peeled leftovers in a saucepan with a little salt and leave them to stand for around ten minutes.
- Pour the brew into another pot or put it through a sieve. Boil the finished brew and let the asparagus cook in it. This makes the taste even more intense.
- Tip: You can use other ingredients when cooking the broth. With white asparagus, adding a slice of lemon will lighten the tip even more. A teaspoon of sugar covers the bitter substances. The addition of sugar is particularly worthwhile with green asparagus.