This is how you nourish yourself with vitamin-rich food
Eating vitamin-rich foods is easier than many people think. In principle, vitamin-rich food contains vitamins A to E and vitamin K. There are several B vitamins.
- Vitamin A is primarily found in egg yolks, liver, red peppers, spinach, and whole milk.
- You can get vitamin B1 from peas, pork, and whole grain products.
- There is a lot of vitamin B2 in broccoli, and dairy products such as cheese, meat, and fish.
- Your body gets niacin, the so-called vitamin B3, from green leafy vegetables as well as eggs, meat, and liver.
- Vitamin B5 is also called pantothenic acid and is found in abundance in the liver, mushrooms, and sunflower seeds, for example.
- You can meet your vitamin B6 requirements with avocados, bananas, meat, potatoes, milk, and walnuts.
- Biotin (vitamin B7) can be found in egg yolks, yeast, liver, and lentils.
- Cabbage, orange salad, and whole grain products contain a lot of vitamin B9 (folate).
- You can get vitamin B12 from eggs, fish, meat, liver, and dairy products.
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) is found in chokeberry, broccoli, kale, black currant, sea buckthorn, and citrus fruits.
- Your body gets vitamin D when you eat oily fish such as salmon and tuna. In addition, vitamin D is produced by the body itself through exposure to UV radiation.
- Vitamin E is found in butter, egg, nuts, and vegetable oils.
- Vitamin K for healthy bone strength is found in kale, green lettuce, watercress, and spinach.
How to prepare vitamin-rich food
Already when buying, you should make sure that you get fresh goods. The vegetables and fruit should be crisp and bright in color. The older the product, the more vitamins are lost.
- In principle, there is nothing wrong with deep-frozen goods, as these are often frozen very fresh.
- Careful storage is important when thawed. Fruit and vegetables often keep better if they are stored in a cool and dark place.
- Prepare vegetables as quickly and freshly as possible, as vitamins are lost in the water during cooking. Steaming is better because it preserves more vitamins.
- Of course, raw food is even better, because it is usually very fresh and also contains all the vitamins.