Hearty low-carb muffins are healthy and delicious. Highly nutrient-dense, you can treat them as a full meal or use them as a nutritious on-the-go snack. In this article, we present 3 recipes for delicious muffins.
Hearty low-carb muffins with vegetables and salmon
For the hearty low-carb muffins with vegetables and salmon, you need 1 1/2 cup chickpea flour, 1/4 cup lupine flour, 1-2 cups water, 300 g broccoli or vegetables of your choice, 1/2 small for approx. 8-10 pieces chopped onion, 100g spinach, 1 clove of garlic, chopped, 2 tomatoes, chopped, 100g fresh salmon, chopped, and 1 tsp coconut oil.
- Mix the chickpea flour, the lupine flour, and the water to form a liquid dough and leave it in a bowl.
- In a pan, sauté the broccoli, onion, spinach, garlic, and salmon in a little liquid until it has evaporated.
- Add the contents of the pan to the batter and add the chopped tomatoes and some coconut oil.
- Mix everything and pour the mixture into the muffin cups.
- Place the muffins in the preheated oven at 240°C top and bottom heat. Use the middle baking sheet and wait 35-40 minutes.
- Now they just have to cool down and then you can enjoy the muffins.
Muffins with carrots, apples, and coconut
Hearty low-carb muffins can also be a little fresher. For about 6-8 pieces you need a bunch of carrots. 2 small apples, 80 g chickpea flour, 200 ml mineral water, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp vanilla powder, 50 g grated coconut, 1 tsp baking powder.
- Mix the chickpea flour, liquid coconut oil, and mineral water into a creamy batter and set aside.
- Grate the carrots and apples and add them to the dough along with the remaining ingredients.
- Mix everything. If the mass is too firm, add some mineral water.
- Fill everything into the muffin molds and bake them in the preheated oven at 200°C top and bottom heat or 180°C circulating air in the middle compartment for about 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Take the muffins out of the oven and let them cool.
Vegetarian low-carb muffins with egg
For about 8-10 of the vegetarian low-carb muffins you need 3 organic eggs, 1 cup of buckwheat flour, 2 finely chopped spring onions, 1 cup of corn, 1 finely chopped zucchini, 1 handful of mushrooms, 2 finely chopped tomatoes, 1 finely chopped pepper, 1 cup peas, and some coconut oil.
- Fry the onions and the remaining vegetables in a pan with a little coconut oil and add any spices if desired.
- Mix the eggs with the buckwheat flour to form a dough and add a little water if the dough is too tough.
- Stir the fried vegetables into the batter and pour into the muffin tins.
- Now bake the hearty low-carb muffins for about 30 minutes at 180°C top and bottom heat on the middle shelf in the oven.
- Now all you have to do is let the muffins cool down.