Iced coffee is easy to make at home. You probably already have most of the ingredients in the kitchen. Vegans can also be happy: you can also use ingredients that are not of animal origin for iced coffee. We will show you here how you can do this.
How to make iced coffee yourself
The most important ingredient in iced coffee is filter coffee.
- Prepare a cup of filter coffee and cool it down.
- Now whip 250 g cream until stiff. Put these in the fridge.
- Pour the coffee into a tall glass and add a few ice cubes.
- If you don’t want your iced coffee to be watered down, you can use homemade coffee ice cubes that you freeze the day before.
- Finally, add one or two scoops of ice cream to the glass. Here you can decide according to your taste.
- Serve the coffee with a tablespoon of cream. Different crumbles or a shot of maple syrup also fit here.
How to vary your iced coffee
Iced coffee can be easily varied. So you can always spoil yourself with something new.
- A special taste experience, for example, is Vietnamese iced coffee.
- Put a sufficient amount of ice cubes in a tall glass.
- Now add one to four tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk. The glass should now be about a quarter full of condensed milk.
- Now you need Vietnamese coffee and a special coffee filter. Place this on the glass, put the ground coffee in the filter, and pour hot water over it.
- The coffee should now run slowly over the ice and condensed milk. If the filter is empty, you can enjoy the iced coffee.
- Iced coffee can also be refined and varied with other ingredients.
- For example, add a few tablespoons of maple syrup or agave syrup.
- Combine it with a few spoonfuls of liquid chocolate as well.
- For example, you can make a vegan iced coffee with soy or almond milk.
- In this case, sweeten your coffee with sugar or vegan honey as needed.