Make popcorn yourself – ingredients
To make your own popcorn, all you need is a saucepan or popcorn maker, some cooking oil, and salt or sugar.
- Popcorn corn: For the right popcorn you need popcorn corn, also called popcorn. The corn expands when heated and takes on the typical popcorn shape. To keep your corn from burning, you need cooking oil to put in the pot.
- Salt or Sugar: You can use either salt or sugar for extra flavor.
- Tools: For the classic version you need a saucepan. Alternatively, you can also use a popcorn machine. Make the popcorn in the machine, you don’t need cooking oil.
Make popcorn yourself – that’s how it works
Once you have all the ingredients and tools ready, you can start preparing the popcorn.
- Filling: Put some cooking oil in the pot and slowly heat it up. Then pour about 30 to 40 grams of popcorn corn into the pot.
- Heat: Heat the popcorn in the saucepan until it breaks apart. During the first few minutes, we recommend putting a lid on the pot. If the number of popcorn increases, the individual grains no longer fly out of the pot. All you have to do is switch on the popcorn machine and place a bowl underneath.
- Seasoning: When the popcorn comes out of the machine or is transferred from the saucepan to a bowl, sprinkle with salt, sugar, or something else. If you want to try new flavors, you can also add caramel sauce or peanuts. Pour the sauce over the popcorn as it heats.
- Shake: Take the lid to cover the bowl and shake vigorously once. This way the salt or sugar can be evenly distributed on the popcorn.