You need these ingredients for the pumpkin gnocchi
For 4 servings of pumpkin gnocchi you need:
- 1 kg Hokkaido pumpkin
- 300 grams of potatoes
- 200 grams of flour
- 50 g grated parmesan cheese
- 8 tbsp cornmeal
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp ricotta
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg, and ground cumin
How to prepare the gnocchi
Have all the ingredients ready, then you can start:
- First, preheat the oven to 200°C, and in the meantime cut the pumpkin into small cubes after removing the seeds. Spread the squash on a baking sheet and bake until tender. It should be ready after about 30 minutes, now it has to cool down.
- Peel the potatoes and boil them in a pot with enough water until they are soft. Place the potatoes in a bowl and mash them with a potato masher until smooth.
- Now puree the baked pumpkin cubes to a smooth mass. Now you can process the potatoes and the pumpkin with the remaining ingredients, i.e. flour, semolina, egg yolk, ricotta, parmesan, and pressed garlic into a dough. It should still be slightly sticky. Season the dough with pepper, salt, nutmeg, and cumin.
- Now it’s time to shape: Dust a clean work surface with flour and shape the dough into a roll with a diameter of two to three centimeters. If the roll gets too long, divide the dough.
- Then cut small pieces of the same size from the roll and roll them over the tines of a fork. Then place the gnocchi on a board that you have dusted with flour.
- In a large pot, bring enough water to a boil and lightly salt it. Now put the gnocchi in the water, preferably not all at once, so that the gnocchi can still swim freely in the water.
- Now the gnocchi has to stand for a few minutes. You’ll know they’re done when they float to the surface.
- You can now take them out of the pot with a slotted spoon.
- Your gnocchi is now ready. Sage butter, for example, tastes very good with this. To do this, melt some butter in a pan and add the gnocchi to fry them briefly. Now add fresh sage and chopped walnuts. Fry everything for a few more minutes and finally season with salt and pepper. Enjoy your meal!