You can easily make a marzipan cover yourself. Decorate your homemade cake with it and refine the taste with it. Check out this post for a DIY guide.
Make marzipan yourself: instructions
For a marzipan cover, you need 400 grams of raw marzipan and 50 grams of powdered sugar.
- Spread the icing sugar on the work surface. Put the marzipan mixture on top and knead well. A homogeneous mass should form.
- Now put cling film or a freezer bag on the marzipan mass. Roll them out with a rolling pin.
- The diameter of the marzipan cover should be about 38 centimeters so that you can cover the cake with it.
- Always use the size of your cake as a guide.
Place the marzipan on top of the cake
Once you have rolled out the marzipan cover, place it on the cake.
- So that the marzipan cover stays on the cake batter, spread it with a little whipped cream or jam beforehand.
- After unrolling, place the marzipan top carefully on the cake with the foil facing up.
- Then peel off the film. Gently press the marzipan onto the cake.
- Carefully trim the edges of the marzipan with a sharp knife. You can make marzipan flowers from these leftovers. Tip: You can also color the marzipan