For approx. 12 pieces:
- Fat and flour for the mold
- 6 Eggs size M
- 150 g Wheat flour type 405 or 550
- 75 g + 100 g + 75 g Sugar
- 2 packet Vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 75 g Cold butter
- 0,25 L Milk
- 200 g Ground poppy seeds
- 200 g Sour cream
- 1 packet "Vanilla" sauce powder, for cooking; for 1/2 l milk
- 6 small Apples
- 3 tbsp Breadcrumbs
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Aluminum foil
- Bring the milk to the boil and stir in the poppy seeds, 100 g sugar, 1 packet of vanilla sugar and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil again while stirring, simmer for 2-3 minutes and remove from the stove. Let cool down for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C (convection: 175 ° C).
- Grease a springform pan (26 cm Ø) and dust with flour. Separate 1 egg. Knead flour, 75 g sugar, 1 packet of vanilla sugar, 1 pinch of salt, butter in pieces, 1 egg yolk and 1-2 tablespoons of cold water to form a smooth shortcrust pastry.
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry on a little flour into a circle (26 cm Ø). Place on the bottom of the springform pan and prick several times with a fork. Chill for about 30 minutes.
- Mix the sour cream, 3 eggs, sauce powder and 75 g sugar. Wash, peel, halve and core the apples, drizzle with a little lemon juice.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and stir into the poppy seed mixture with 2 eggs.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs on the shortcrust pastry base. Spread the poppy seed mixture on top and smooth it out. Place the apples next to each other in a circle with the cut surface facing down and lightly press them into the poppy seed mixture. Carefully pour the sour cream over the pears and place in the preheated oven. Reduce the heat to 180 ° C (convection: 155 ° C) and bake the cake for about 70-80 minutes.
- After about 30-40 minutes, cover with aluminum foil so that the cake doesn't get too dark.
- Take the cake out of the oven, place on a wire rack, remove from the springform pan with a knife and leave to cool in the tin for approx. 4 hours. Remove from the mold and dust the top edge with powdered sugar
- Tip 10: Instead of apples, the cake can also be baked with pears. Use 4 ripe pears (approx. 275 g each) for this.
Serving: 100gCalories: 190kcalCarbohydrates: 16.7gProtein: 3.8gFat: 11.9g