- 100 g Pumpkin seeds
- 100 g Walnut halves
- 750 g Wholemeal spelt flour
- 450 ml Lukewarm water
- 150 g Natural sourdough liquid in a bag
- 1 piece Fresh yeast cubes
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Sea salt fine
- Roughly chop the pumpkin seeds and walnut halves to taste and soak in a little lukewarm water (about an hour).
- Mix the sourdough, yeast and sugar in lukewarm water. Add the flour and knead everything into a smooth dough, gradually adding the salt (salt to taste). Note: The longer the kneading time of the dough, the better the pores of the bread later.
- Let the dough rest, covered, for approx. 1 hour. In the meantime, grease two loaf tins well.
- Now add the soaked nuts to the dough and knead well. Spread the dough between the two loaf tins, smooth it out and let it rest for another 30 minutes. Note: the molds should only be half filled.
- Preheat the electric oven to 220 degrees (top / bottom heat). For a particularly crispy crust, place a bowl of hot water in the oven.
- Bake the bread on the middle rack for about 15 minutes at 220 degrees, then switch back to 180 degrees and leave to bake for about 45 minutes.
- Immediately remove the loaves from the mold after baking, brush them vigorously with water and bake again at 180 degrees for approx. 10 minutes.
Serving: 100gCalories: 372kcalCarbohydrates: 27.9gProtein: 16.3gFat: 21.8g