Ratatouille is quite easy to cook with the right recipe and is also very healthy. We will show you how the tasty vegetable stew from France works.
Ratatouille: You need this for the recipe
Since this is a French vegetable stew, you’ll need lots of veggies.
- If you are cooking for four people, you will need one red and one yellow pepper, 400 grams of tomatoes, two onions, 250 grams of courgettes, and a small aubergine for one ratatouille.
- Seasoned with one or two cloves of garlic and fresh herbs. You should have around the house a sprig or two of rosemary, two sprigs of basil, and three sprigs each of thyme and oregano. Add salt and pepper to that.
- You also need three tablespoons of olive oil and two tablespoons of tomato paste for your ratatouille.
- Liquid provides 100 to 150 ml of vegetable broth.
French cuisine is very simple – this is how the vegetable stew succeeds
When you have all the ingredients together, the vegetables are prepared first.
- Wash the vegetables thoroughly and cut the peppers, tomatoes, eggplant, and zucchini into small pieces separately. Cut the onion into small cubes, and finely chop the garlic.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and first sauté the peppers and onions in it.
- Meanwhile, you can prepare the herbs. Strip the needles from the rosemary sprigs and finely chop them. Pluck the leaves of the remaining herbs from the stems and roughly chop them. If you wish, you can set aside a few leaves to use later for decoration.
- When the peppers and onions are steamed until translucent, add the remaining vegetables, tomato paste, and herbs.
- Let everything simmer for a few minutes, then gradually stir in some vegetable stock until the ratatouille has the desired consistency.
- Season the stew with salt and pepper and let it cook for about 15 minutes. Then the ratatouille is ready to serve and enjoy.