Salad and fruit summer dressing
- 2 Organic oranges
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Mangoes
- 60 ml Walnut oil
- 35 ml Raspberry vinegar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 pinch Chilli red, roughly chopped
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- 500 g Leaf salads
- 1 Pomegranate
- 5 Deer steak
- 10 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Herbs de Provence
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 1 Sprigs of basil
- 4 Rosemary sprigs
- 3 Sprigs of thyme
- 2 Lavender
- 15 Juniper berries
- 4 Bay leaves
- 12 Black peppercorns
- 12 Red peppercorns
- 20 Asparagus green
- 1 pinch Coarse salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
For the fruit summer dressing
- Squeeze out the oranges, lemon and mango in a bowl. Stir in the walnut oil, raspberry vinegar and honey in the juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper and the chilli flakes.
- Cut the pomegranate in half and use a spoon to remove the seeds from the back. Peel the mango and cut into cubes. Put the dressing and 2 bowls with the mangoes and pomegranate seeds in the refrigerator.
For the venison steak
- Mix 10 tablespoons of olive oil with herbs from Provence (pickled herbs with garlic; dried herbs can also be used).
- The rosemary, thyme and lavender are roughly chopped and added to the oil. The juniper berries, peppercorns, bay leaves and garlic are crushed in a mortar and then added to the oil.
- Place the steaks in the marinade, mix everything well and place in a large freezer bag. Place the bag in the refrigerator for at least 10 hours. Turn every 2 hours.
- The venison steaks are removed from the marinade and dabbed off. It is important that there are no more herbs on the meat. These burn when grilled and taste bitter.
- After resting for 10 minutes, the steaks are grilled on all sides on the charcoal grill. Then place the meat in a place on the grill with a lower temperature (approx. 80 ° C).
The green asparagus
- Marinate 8:30 minutes before grilling. The asparagus ends are cut off approx. 5 cm.
- Place the asparagus in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Season to taste with coarse salt and pepper from the mill. Mix everything well and let rest for 30 minutes.
- The green asparagus is grilled on the charcoal grill on full heat for about 8-12 minutes. The tender asparagus tips can be protected from the high heat by placing aluminum foil underneath them.
- Wash the salad and arrange on 5 plates. Drizzle generously with the dressing and distribute the mango pieces and pomegranate seeds decoratively over the salad and on the plates.
- Cut the venison steaks diagonally and place them on the plates next to the salad. Arrange 4 stalks of asparagus on the salad.