- 2 pieces Mettwurst
- 2 Onions
- 2 Paprika
- 3 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 shot Instant broth (for those aiming for more sauce)
- Black pepper from the mill
- Sweet paprika
- Possibly other vegetables (such as a tomato or a carrot)
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
Prepare the "mise en place"
- For this, please cut the sausages into bite-sized and symmetrically appealing slices (varies depending on the size of the mouth and understanding of symmetry, so consider who should eat everything). For the vegetables, peel the onions, cut in half and cut into fine wedges. Remove the peppers from the stalk and also cut into bite-sized pieces.
The cooking process
- To do this, slowly leave the sausage slices in a coated pan over medium heat without adding any additional fat (here we create the basis for the sauce later).
- Now add the onions and let them sauté until they take on a light color. Add the peppers and fry them until the desired firmness is achieved. (If optional vegetables are desired, now - at the same time as the peppers - would be the opportunity).
- Then tomato the contents of the pan by adding the tomato paste (yes, that is, as it was written in the Duden for the first time in 1973) and also sweat it.
- Now season with salt, pepper and paprika to your own taste, if necessary extend the sauce with ketchup or a little broth, let it boil for a few minutes and the new favorite dish of the loved one is ready
- Baguette, bread or common rice are recommended as a side dish.
Serving: 100gCalories: 132kcalCarbohydrates: 13.7gProtein: 7.5gFat: 5.2g