Turmeric can gently replace whitening toothpaste for whiter teeth. In addition to the bleaching effect, it also protects your teeth from inflammation and bacteria. You can use turmeric either as a pure powder or as a toothpaste.
How to Apply Turmeric for Whiter Teeth
There are a number of ways you can use turmeric to whiten your teeth. You will either need fine turmeric powder to put directly on your teeth or other ingredients to mix up a paste.
- Take a pinch of finely ground turmeric powder. If necessary, you should put the powder in a mortar before use and crush it vigorously to break up the substance. Otherwise, you could damage your tooth enamel with turmeric particles that are too coarse.
- Wet your toothbrush and put the powder on the brush. Then brush your teeth with the powder.
- Be sure to spread turmeric between your teeth for a lasting effect.
- After five minutes, rinse your mouth with water and brush your teeth with toothpaste as usual. After a few weeks of use, the effect should be visible.
- If you have cracked teeth then you should not use turmeric as it will cause discolored teeth. The powder then gets stuck in the cracks and can no longer be cleaned out.
- To spread turmeric better on your teeth, you can also mix it with a teaspoon of coconut oil and apply it to your teeth.
How to make turmeric toothpaste
To get the most out of turmeric for your teeth, makeup toothpaste. In addition to turmeric, this consists of other ingredients such as sage, peppermint oil, and cloves.
- For such a toothpaste you need a few drops of sage tea, a teaspoon of coconut oil, a teaspoon of turmeric powder, 0.5 teaspoons of finely ground Himalayan salt, a teaspoon of xylitol, some clove powder, a teaspoon point of baking soda, and three drops of peppermint oil.
- In order not to damage your teeth with particles that are too large, you should put all the coarse ingredients in a mortar and grind them finely.
- Then mix all the ingredients and put them in a small container.
- Brush your teeth as usual with mixed toothpaste.
- This can also be stored at room temperature.