- 4 Eggs, size L
- 250 g Sugar
- 1 Pck. Vanilla sugar
- 125 ml Sunflower oil
- 250 g Yogurt 1.5%
- 250 g Spelt flour, type 1050
- 270 g Wheat flour with two handles
- 1 Pck. Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- Food color: red, yellow, green, blue, purple
- 250 g Powdered sugar
- 70 g Yogurt 1.5%
- Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar until whitish and creamy. Add the oil and whip again. Then stir in yogurt. Sieve both flours into a bowl, mix with baking powder and baking soda and gradually stir into the egg yogurt mixture until a viscous dough is formed. Then divide this into 5 portions, 4 of which should be about the same size and one slightly smaller. Color the smaller one dark purple and the others with the above colors.
- Preheat the oven to 170 ° convection and butter a loaf pan (approx. 30 x 10 cm) well. Then fill it up with a spoonful of each color of dough alternately until all colors are used up. Slide the mold into the oven on the 2nd rail from below. The baking time is 50 - 55 minutes. After 45 minutes, do the wooden stick test once. The dough must no longer adhere when it is pulled out. Then decide on the remaining baking time. After baking, let the cake cool well in the pan.
- Mix yogurt and powdered sugar with a whisk to make a very tough icing. Remove the cake from the mold and pour the topping thickly over its surface. While doing this, pick up the poured, still slightly liquid cast with a spoon and let it run over the surface again. This creates a nice crust.
- Of course you don't have to use any colors for this yoghurt cake, but ..... "colorful" ..... puts you in a good mood .... and you can use it now and then .. . ;-)))
- The above amount of ingredients resulted in a box cake with 18 slices.