If you don’t want to do without cheesecake, but you do want the many carbohydrates in it, simply bake low carb. With our recipe, you can feast on cakes without sugar and flour.
Low carb cheesecake – the list of ingredients
You don’t need a base for the low-carb cheesecake. So the ingredients for the dough are omitted.
- For the cheesecake, you need 400 grams of low-fat quark.
- Eggs and butter belong in a good cake. For our recipe, you need four eggs and 100 grams of softened butter.
- The zest of half a lemon and a vanilla pod adds flavor to the cake.
- You don’t have to do without sweets on a low-carb diet. Instead of sugar, use stevia. A heaped teaspoon should be enough.
- You also need 20 grams of protein powder and a pinch of salt for the cheesecake.
Cheesecake for the low-carb diet is that easy
Once you have all the ingredients, you can get started.
- First come the quark, eggs, butter, lemon zest, and salt in a bowl. Mix the ingredients thoroughly with a hand mixer until a creamy mass is formed.
- Then scrape the pulp out of the vanilla pod and add it to the quark mixture. Also, add the protein powder and stevia.
- Now mix the quark mixture again on a medium level. Once all the ingredients have been mixed evenly, the mass should rest for about half an hour.
- Meanwhile, you can preheat the oven to 160 degrees and grease the springform pan.
- When the curd mass has rested long enough, pour it into the baking pan and put the cheesecake in the oven.
- Tip: As soon as the dough in the oven rises over the edge of the springform pan, take the cake out of the oven for a moment. Using a sharp, pointed knife, cut the cake about 1 cm deep around the edge of the springform pan.
- Then put the cake right back into the oven. Slitting prevents the cheesecake from collapsing after baking. So it stays nice and tall.
- Overall, the low-carb cheesecake takes about 50 to 60 minutes. After the baking time, leave the cake in the switched-off oven for about a quarter of an hour.