Eating cucumbers with their skins on is not a problem and even has some benefits. Nevertheless, you should pay attention to a few points when eating.
Eat cucumbers with skin – you should pay attention to this
Cucumbers are very healthy because they contain hardly any calories as they consist of a large proportion of water. At the same time, vegetables contain important minerals and nutrients. These are mainly in the shell, which is why it is advisable to eat them.
- Be sure to eat your cucumbers with their skins. Because the vitamins and nutrients are right underneath. If you peel the cucumbers, you lose these ingredients.
- Cucumbers contain vitamins A, and B vitamins and vitamins C and E. Vegetables also provide the trace elements zinc and iron, as well as minerals such as calcium, potassium, and magnesium.
- Before consuming, you should wash the cucumber thoroughly with water to remove any residue, pesticides, or the like.
- If possible, buy organic cucumbers. This variant is not only better for the environment, but also your body. No pesticides are used during cultivation.
- Also, cut off the ends of the cucumber for easier consumption. The stalks form bitter substances, which is why they taste particularly bitter.
- Exception: If you have a sensitive stomach, you should not eat cucumbers with their skins on. Without the shell, they are easier to digest.