Freeze dumplings: Prepare individually
To prevent the dumplings from sticking together when freezing, it is best to freeze them individually first.
- For example, use a baking sheet or another freezer-safe plate.
- Place the individual dumplings on the tray and put them in the freezer for an hour.
- Then take the dumplings out of the freezer and put them in a freezer bag. Plastic bags with zip closures are best for this. This way the dumplings cannot fall out of the bag in the freezer.
- The dumplings can be stored in the freezer for up to four months.
- The same applies to the dumpling dough: as soon as it has cooled down, form dumplings and repeat the steps above.
Prepare frozen dumplings
If you want to make frozen dumplings, you don’t have to thaw them.
- Get the dumplings out of the animal freezer.
- Put them in boiling, lightly salted, or sugared water and let the dumplings cook.
- Once the dumplings float to the top, let the dumplings cook in gently boiling water for another 15 to 30 minutes.
- Fry the breadcrumbs in butter and roll the drained dumplings in it.
- It is important that the dumplings are properly frozen. Otherwise they stick together and you can no longer get them apart.