How to get rid of mold in the fridge
There are bacteria and mold that develop when it is cold. Mold likes to settle at the condensation drain or in the vegetable drawer. There are also invisible germs on purchased food.
- Avoid using synthetic cleaning products if possible. These can be harmful to the contents of your refrigerator and therefore to your health.
- Wipe the entire refrigerator damp with a microfiber cloth and washing-up liquid. This is how you remove invisible bacteria and mold spores. Then wipe dry.
- In the case of acute mold infestation, high-proof alcohol from the pharmacy will help you.
- Clean your refrigerator as regularly as possible every 4-6 weeks.
Prevent mold and germs in the refrigerator
You should disinfect the refrigerator, especially after a mold infestation. This can be done with simple home remedies.
- Add some vinegar or citric acid to warm water. Germs and mold have a hard time multiplying on acidic surfaces.
- Wipe the fridge with it and then dry the interior.
- If you have glass inserts, you can remove them and clean them in the sink or bathtub.
- If possible, you should then put the used cleaning cloths in the hot wash to remove all germs.
- If this is not possible, you can also use an antibacterial detergent that is suitable for lower washing temperatures.