the base dough
- Rye flour, type 1150
- Wheat flour, type 1050
- Rye sourdough in a bag
- Dry yeast
for the sky
- Grated apple (Jonagold)
for the earth
- Onion (microfinely diced)
- Potato (grated and dried)
for that special taste
- Vegetable seasoning mix
the dough production the day before
- First, mix the flour and dry yeast with the sourdough powder. Add salt and sugar as well as 200 ml. Lukewarm water and then knead everything together for approx. 8-10 minutes to form a smooth dough. Place the dough covered (linen cloth) in a warm place and let it rise comfortably for about 12 hours.
- After the rest period, the next step is to add the sky and the earth and carefully knead the dough. To do this, flour the work surface. Give with and with the spice mixture e.g. from my KB too. You can find the link here >>>>> Biggi`s all-round spice mixture >>>>>. Then you put the dough in a very well floured proofing basket (I divided my dough into two small ones), cover it again and place it in the oven heated to 50 degrees (convection oven). Let it go again for 2 hours.
Now it's time to bake
- The rest period has expired! Now switch the oven to 210 degrees O / U heat. Take the proofing basket out of the oven and turn the dough out onto a baking sheet that you have laid out with baking paper.
- I put a little water under the parchment paper so that it sticks better.
- Now put the baking sheet in the oven and set the timer for 10 minutes - it rings, then put a cup of water on the oven floor and reduce the heat to 180-190 O / U heat. After approx. 10 minutes, briefly open the oven once to let off the remaining steam. Now finish baking the bread for another 35 minutes.
- The baking time is over - then you take the bread and knock vigorously on the base. 🙂 It sounds hollow - perfect - because then the bread is really well baked.