Make your own glaze – the basic recipe
A glaze spices up your delicious muffins and co in no time.
- For a loaf cake or 12 cupcakes, you need 250 g powdered sugar and 3-4 tablespoons of water.
- Sieve the icing sugar into a bowl and gradually add the water. Both are best seduced with a whisk until a smooth mass has formed.
- If desired, add enough water to the icing sugar until the frosting has the consistency you want. For a more runny glaze, you’ll need to add more water accordingly.
- If you want to use the glaze decoratively on cupcakes, it needs more strength and stability. Prepare the topping with egg white. Using a mixer, beat the icing sugar and one egg white until creamy.
Make your own glaze – it doesn’t always have to be water
For a glaze, you can use any liquid of your choice. Create particularly tasty or unusual variants.
- Instead of water, simply use lemon juice, orange juice, or apple juice. You can use almost any juice you like.
- If you like it tipsy, you can also add hard liquor like rum, red wine, or whiskey.
- You can even make a delicious glaze with coffee.
Make your own glaze – just colorful
Only white glazes always look boring. Use color as an eye-catcher. After all, the eye eats with you.
- Use food coloring to give different colors to the icing. Add the food coloring drop by drop to the icing until you get the color you want.
- Would you rather color the glaze naturally? Then, for example, blueberries, spinach, or carrots will help you to produce the desired colors.
- Mix, for example, about 30 g of blueberries and 2 tablespoons of water very finely with a hand blender. Then mix the mass and 250 g powdered sugar with a mixer.
Make your own glaze – extra delicious with cream cheese
You should definitely try this variant with cream cheese. For about 30 muffins you will need:
- 120 g cream cheese, 50 g softened butter, 120 g + approx. 250 g icing sugar, 2 tbsp lemon juice, and optional food coloring.
- In a bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter. Then stir in 120 g powdered sugar and lemon juice.
- Gradually add the remaining powdered sugar to the cream cheese mixture until the icing has the consistency you want.
- If necessary, mix in more powdered sugar.
- Finally, you can also stir in food coloring or naturally-made colors. Enjoy your meal!