The main nutrient in the egg is a protein
A large egg has about 90 calories. However, eggs are best known for their high protein content.
- A large breakfast egg gives you around eight grams of protein. That is at least 15 percent of your daily protein requirement.
- Not only the amount of protein but also the quality of the protein makes eggs a valuable source of nutrients. The protein in the egg has a high biological value.
- This means that the body can use the egg protein particularly well to build its own proteins.
vitamins and minerals
It’s not just protein that makes eggs so healthy.
- The naturally well-packaged product also brings with it a whole host of vitamins and minerals.
- The fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K are all represented, with vitamin A leading the list in terms of quantity. In addition, the water-soluble vitamins B1, B2, and B6 as well as quite a lot of vitamin B9, known as folic acid, are found under the peel. The only thing you will look for in vain in the egg is vitamin C.
- The egg is not lacking in minerals either. Eating ice cream covers around 15 percent of your daily sodium and iron requirements. You consume a little more than 20 percent of your phosphorus requirement.
- Potassium, calcium, magnesium and flurry, and iodine are plentiful and make the egg a healthy food.
eggs and cholesterol
Eggs get a bad rap for their cholesterol content.
- Cholesterol is a fat that the body produces for the most part itself but also gets in through the diet. The body needs cholesterol, among other things, to build cell walls, but also for the production of some hormones. Cholesterol is also needed to form bile.
- Too much cholesterol damages the body, especially the cardiovascular system. Especially the LDL rated as “bad” does not have a good reputation.
- At just under seven percent, an egg contains quite a lot of fat, most of which is in the yolk.
- An egg every day is healthy in many ways, but not recommended because of the cholesterol. If you only eat an egg every other day, your body will be happy about the many nutrients.