Asian soup with pork, white cabbage, and omelet strips.
For the soup:
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 100 grams of onion
- 150 g white cabbage leaf
- 2 green onions
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 250 g pork escalope
- 90 ml fish sauce, Asian (finished product)
For the omelet:
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Peel the garlic and onions and chop both finely. Wash cabbage leaves, drain well, and cut out the thick center rib. Cut the leaves into fine strips. Clean the spring onions and cut them into pieces about 2 cm long.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or pan and fry the garlic until golden brown. Take out and set aside. Put the remaining oil in the pan and sauté the onions briefly.
- Cut the schnitzel into thin strips about 5 cm long. Bring 1 liter of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add the pork, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes until the meat is tender. Add the onions, cabbage, spring onions, fish sauce, pepper, and salt if desired, and simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk the eggs together well, and season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a coated pan. Pour in the eggs and fry on both sides. Allow the omelet to cool slightly and cut into 2.5 x 5 cm strips.
- Plate up the soup spread the omelet strips on top, sprinkle with the garlic, and serve.
- Discover more great-tasting soups like our king prawn ramen and other Asian recipes, pork recipes, and great bok choy dishes.