- 300 grams of wheat flour
- 50 grams of butter
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 60 g sugar, brown
- 300ml buttermilk
- 20 ml cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- 4 tbsp raspberry jam
- flour for the work surface
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees (circulating air). Mix all the ingredients except for the cream, vanilla bean, and jam with your hands or hand mixer to form a smooth dough. Flour the work surface and roll out the dough to a thickness of about 2.5 cm. cut out circles. Knead the rest of the dough together again, roll out and repeat the process until the entire dough has been used.
- Place the scones on a baking tray lined with baking paper, spread lightly with cream, and bake for approx. 15 minutes. Whip the rest of the cream until stiff, cut the vanilla bean open lengthwise, scrape out the seeds and fold it into the cream.
- Take the scones out of the oven and let them cool down. Cut in half, add a small dollop of cream to the bottom, and spread half a teaspoon of jam on top. fold in half.
- Tip: Discover how to make delicious rolls yourself and also try the classic English scones.
- Craving something sweet? Discover this recipe for delicious brownies, tasty petit fours, tree cakes, and other trendy pastries that are also great as picnic recipes!