Recipe for a quark dish – ingredients for the basic recipe
Quark is a very popular dessert dish. Children, in particular, like to eat a homemade quark dish. They also enjoy helping out with the preparation. The quark dish is very simple and you only need a few ingredients. The quantities are sufficient for two to three servings.
- 250 g cottage cheese
- 50ml milk
- 2 tbsp fine sugar
- 2 dashes of lemon juice
Prepare quark – this is how you do it
A quark dish is quickly stirred together. It’s easy to prepare ahead of time and keeps in the fridge until ready to eat.
- Put the cottage cheese in a bowl along with the other ingredients.
- Mix the ingredients with a whisk until creamy.
- If you are using a hand mixer, start by mixing the ingredients on the lowest setting. Then stir at a higher level for 2 minutes until creamy.
- Keep the quark dish in the refrigerator until ready to serve. If you would like to add fruit, crumbles, nuts, or other toppings to the dish, wait until just before serving.
Refine quark dishes – toppings for a delicious dessert
There are various ways in which you can conjure up a refined dessert from the basic recipe.
- Replace some or all of the sugar with vanilla sugar. Bourbon vanilla sugar has a more intense taste.
- To replace the sugar entirely, switch to honey or agave syrup.
- Instead of lemon juice, you can also add a few squirts of orange juice.
- If you want the dish to be particularly creamy, leave out the milk and whip up 250 g of cream. Gently fold them into the creamy quark.
- If you like the taste of coffee, you can add a shot of espresso under the basic recipe. However, leave out the lemon squeezes.
- If you prefer it fruity, add pureed fruit to the basic recipe. Strawberries are particularly popular with children.