Quark with fruits – Required ingredients
The basic ingredients for the recipe are quark and fruit. You can choose between different levels of fat for the quark and between fresh and canned for the fruit. It is best to grab fresh seasonal fruit. If the offer is not good, the canned fruit also tastes good.
- 250 g cottage cheese
- 50ml milk
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp lemon or orange juice
- 1 apple
- 1 banana
- 1 orange or tangerine
- 2 dried dates, prunes, or dried apricots
- 4 tbsp cornflakes as needed
Quark can be a delicious dessert as a quark dish. If you use it as a breakfast meal, it gives you a vitamin boost in the morning when mixed with fresh fruit.
- Put the cottage cheese in a bowl. Add milk, honey, and juice. Mix everything together with a whisk for a minute or two until the mixture is nice and creamy.
- Grate the zest of the orange and add 1/2 teaspoon to the quark mixture. Give everything a good stir.
- Peel the apple, remove the core and cut it into small pieces. Remove the banana peel and cut the banana into thin slices. Peel the orange, remove the individual fillets, and cut them into small pieces.
- Place the chopped fruit in a bowl and mix everything together. Reserve 2 to 3 tablespoons and add the rest to the curd mixture. Gently fold in the fruit.
- Arrange the quark and fruit dish in dessert glasses. Top with some of the leftover fruit and sprinkle some cornflakes on top for crunch.