Sparkling water from the tap is just right for you if you like drinking sparkling water and don’t want to carry crates with heavy water bottles anymore. We explain how it works and how much it costs.
This is how sparkling water from the tap works
Many families have a sparkling water maker at home. The functional principle is that carbonic acid is added to the tap water. This requires a device with a carbon cartridge. There is also a solution that connects directly to the tap.
- With the elegant solution for sparkling water from the tap, an under-sink water bubbler is attached, which is connected to the faucet.
- To do this, you have to exchange your previous faucet for a corresponding three-way faucet so that you can choose between cold, hot, and sparkling water.
- The under-table systems also require cartridges, but these are sometimes larger. So you should have enough space under your sink.
- The cost of a set with tap and bubbler is several hundred euros.
- Depending on the complexity of the installation, you will also need an installer for the connection, which also costs money.
Reasons for sparkling water from the tap
Of course, these are high costs at first, but there are also reasons that speak in favor of it. Of course, it also depends a lot on your needs.
- You have more space in the kitchen.
- You can use any bottle. This is often not the case with bubblers.
- The larger cartridges save you money.
- The water from the tap is very pure and often contains many minerals.