- 1 can Canned kidney beans
- 1 Onion
- 1 Egg
- 10 tbsp Oatmeal
- 1 Drain the can of red kidney beans and rinse in a sieve until it no longer foams. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Then mash it well with a fork. Add the egg, the chopped onion and the spices and mix together.
- You can of course season the patties even more and vary the taste. Seasoned with chili sauce and seasoned with paprika, they go more in the Mexican direction. But they also taste good when seasoned with curry and / or Asian sauce. Just try it out.
- Now add the oat flakes to thicken. And please take the fine variety, not the grainy ones, they don't bind so well. Also add little by little, let the flakes swell a little, and just see how much you need. Sometimes more, sometimes less.
- Then shape 8 patties from the mixture. Heat oil in a pan and fry the patties for approx. 4 minutes on each side. The beans make them taste spicier than e.g. green spelled patties and are therefore good to use for burgers instead of ground meat. But also with salad, mashed potatoes, french fries or they are delicious.
Serving: 100gCalories: 354kcalCarbohydrates: 59.5gProtein: 13.2gFat: 6.7g